Autonomous aerial vehicles (AAVs)
Making money in the MetaverseSo how can we make money in the Metaverse? Here are some ways:
- Playing the Metaverse stock market You can invest in the Metaverse through an ETF or exchange-traded fund, like the Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF (META) fund which you can invest in through brokerage accounts.
- Play-to-Earn Gaming applications in the Metaverse use NFTs to build in-game assets with real-world value. Players who earn NFTs through gameplay can cash them out for real money.
- Create and sell Items You can create and sell products as NFTs in the Metaverse. For example, you can consider opening an NFT art gallery and selling your work or someone else's work in return for a cut of the profits. Also, if you are a brand, you can create digital products in the Metaverse. Some brands are already doing that, like Nike and Macdonalds.
- Stream content from experiencing the Metaverse You can stream your Metaverse experience for the world to see and generate some income using platforms such as Bigo Live or Twitch.
- Property and land rental Another way of making money in the Metaverse is buying virtual land or property in the form of an NFT. The biggest name in purchasing land in the Metaverse is Decentraland. The cheapest land available will cost you 3750 Mana, for a tiny square. So are you ready to make money in the Metaverse?
- A better customer experience.
- Increased profits.
- Increased agility.
- Improved productivity.
- Data-driven customer insights.
1. HyperautomationHyperautomation uses smart tools for data-driven decisions essential to digital transformation. It enables organizations to integrate various digital technologies seamlessly across their business processes and legacy systems.Hyperautomation allows better access to data and communication for all stakeholders and is the simplest way to reach scalability, efficiency, and reduced costs.
2- Cybersecurity transformationWith the rise of 5G and IoT devices, cybersecurity is being pushed to the forefront of digital transformation. Digital Transformation Officers must build cybersecurity into a company's organizational structure primarily due to the pressing security risk caused by the expansion of cloud services.
3- The growth of artificial intelligenceAccording to experts, the AI market will grow 54% year-to-year from 2019 to 2025.(AI) is now recognized as one of the main enablers of digital transformation in multiple industries.It allows businesses to develop robust strategies, such as data transformation, after getting real-time input from market intelligence.
4- Low-Code toolsLow-Code tools could be an effective way to start a digital transformation journey since they make coding less burdensome and reduce the time and resources spent building digital solutions. At Tahaluf, one of our low code tools is Maestro, a web-based Business Process Management platform designed to make it easy for organizations to manage, automate and optimize their business processes.
5- Business agilityAgility is a crucial ingredient for a successful digital transformation enabling organizations to react swiftly to changing market conditions and helping leadership focus on strategic decision-making. The business agility includes adapting quickly while increasing customer focus, which results in significant revenue growth, steady cost reduction, and more efficient risk management. At Tahaluf, we can help your business prepare for its digital transformation journey.Contact us at: email@example.com [post_title] => Digital transformation trends to keep an eye on this year [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => digital-transformation-trends-to-keep-an-eye-on-this-year [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2022-03-24 13:28:29 [post_modified_gmt] => 2022-03-24 09:28:29 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5838 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5825 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2022-03-03 12:53:12 [post_date_gmt] => 2022-03-03 08:53:12 [post_content] => The advent of the COVID19 pandemic and the pivot towards remote work has emphasized the immediate need for digital transformation, which can be defined as the adoption of digital technology by businesses to improve efficiency and innovation.There are several benefits to digital transformation, including:
- A better customer experience.
- Increased profits.
- Increased agility.
- Improved productivity.
- Data-driven customer insights.
Remarkable case studiesSeveral brands have achieved outstanding results that led to reduced costs and a better customer experience by embarking on a digital transformation journey. Here are some examples to inspire your transformation journey:
UPSUPS is a prime example of digital transformation done right. The company has developed a tool to manage its fleet system called ORION (On-road Integrated Optimization andNavigation). This tool creates optimal routes for delivery drivers using data coming in from the field, which reduces the company’s carbon footprint and optimizes the routes leading to a better customer experience and a reduction of cost.One minute saved per driver per day saves UPS $14.5 million over a course of a year.Today, UPS drivers make 130 deliveries per day, compared with around 90 before this digital transformation.
AdobeSoftware company Adobe has transitioned from a license-based company selling box software like Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and others. into a cloud-based company resulting in the company’s stock price more than tripling, with revenue growth climbing from the single digits to the double digits.The journey started in 2013 when Adobe transitioned all its creative software to the cloud and started offering software as a service (Saas).Today, the company entirely operates in digital media through three subscription-based models – Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Marketing Cloud.Recurring review climbed from 19 percent in 2011 to 70 percent of total revenue in 2015, according to McKinsey.
Under ArmourUnder Armour’s journey with digital transformation began when they diversified from an athletic apparel company to a data-driven digital business stream.Under Armour introduced the concept of “Connected Fitness” by providing a platform to track, analyze and share personal health data directly to its customers’ phones.Under Armour acquired several technology-based fitness organizations such asMapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal, and Endomondo to get the required technology that identifies fitness and health trends.At the end of 2021, Under Armour posted revenue growth of 8% to $1.5 billion years over year.“Today, virtual is reality, and reality is virtual,” Jami Dunbar, Under Armour’s SVP of global product supply,” told reporters, explaining how their investments in digital capabilities led to higher profit margins and a seamless product-to-market pathway.At Tahaluf, we can help your business prepare for its digital transformation journey.Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org [post_title] => Digital transformation done right: Three remarkable case studies [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => digital-transformation-done-right-three-remarkable-case-studies [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2022-03-03 12:53:12 [post_modified_gmt] => 2022-03-03 08:53:12 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5825 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5819 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2022-02-24 15:00:16 [post_date_gmt] => 2022-02-24 11:00:16 [post_content] => It’s no secret that the job market is shifting with the Great Resignation and the need for flexible work. As a result, employers are currently facing difficulty finding the right talent.In a survey by Global Knowledge, 50% of hiring managers said recruiting has been a significant challenge.According to industry experts, having an IT certification is always a plus to stand out in the crowd.A report from edX and the Linux Foundation revealed that 72% of hiring managers surveyed said they would be more likely to hire a certified candidate, and 88% of managers said they would be willing to pay to have their current employees certified.
Top certificationsHere are the ten accreditations that will be the best earners in 2022, based on Global Knowledge's research:10. VCP-DCV: VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization: This certificate demonstrates technical competency with VMware vSphere and related technologies. The average salary is $132,947.9. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA): The designation is the global standard for professionals who have a career in information systems, in particular, auditing, control, and security. The average salary is $134,4608. Nutanix Certified Professional - Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI): This certification confirms your ability to administer the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform and successfully deploy and manage Nutanix products. The average salary is $142,8107. Project Management Professional (PMP): This is the world's leading project management certification. The average salary is $148,906.6. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM): This indicates expertise in information security governance, program development and management, incident management, and risk management. The average salary is $149,246 per year.5. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): This is the key certification for security professionals in government institutions. The average salary is $151,8534. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC): This certificate verifies your knowledge and expertise in risk management. The average salary is $151,995 a year.3. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate: This is granted for individuals with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. The average salary is $159,033 a year.2. Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect: This is given to someone who designs, develops, and manages solutions on Google Cloud. The average salary is $169,029 a year.1. Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer: Google Certified Data Engineer creates data processing systems and machine learning models on Google Cloud. Google's Certified Professional Data Engineer certificate is the highest-paying in the U.S. today, with an average salary of $171,749 a year.Do you have any of these certificates? Do you want to take your career to the next level and get certified in IT or cybersecurity?At Tahaluf, we offer several training courses that enable you to get certified in various cybersecurity fields. Browse through our cutting-edge training by visiting: https://www.tahaluf.ae/services/training/. [post_title] => What are the top high-paying certifications in 2022? [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => what-are-the-top-high-paying-certifications-in-2022 [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2022-02-24 15:00:16 [post_modified_gmt] => 2022-02-24 11:00:16 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5819 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5813 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2022-02-15 16:15:57 [post_date_gmt] => 2022-02-15 12:15:57 [post_content] => It's no secret that the digital revolution, in addition to the pandemic pivot, has changed banking, but to what degree?Can the change be that massive that banks might disappear and metamorph into alternative models like prepaid cards and non-bank lending?Should we blame cryptocurrency for the creation of decentralized financial models? Or is a financial technology (fintech) the culprit here?Speaking to the American Banker publication Nigel Morris, a venture capitalist at QED Investors, said: “We’re at the beginning of a digital disruption wave that will challenge banks at their very core.”The need for change Key insights from a report done by N26, a German neobank, and Eric Taylor from Varo Bank, titled the Death of Banks, noted a 6.5% decline in bank branches since 2012.This trend would see the total number of physical banks fall to fewer than 16,000 in the US by 2030 and all branches closing by 2034.Innovation expert JP Nicols agrees that traditional banking is going through a seismic shift.“Banks have to upgrade themselves or risk being burnt to the ground.”
A grim future or a different model?Is the future of banking grim? Will banking transform into something completely different from what we are used to?"We believe we have the model of the future,” Jane Fraser, Citigroup CEO, explained to reporters. “A light branch footprint, seamless digital capabilities and a network of partners that expand our reach to hundreds of millions of customers."Forbes magazine predicted that by 2030 banks will be:
- Invisible: Due to technological advances, “retail brands will become increasingly invisible to the end consumer.”
- Connected: Banks will be present in the ecosystems that customers use.
- Insights-driven: Banks will use data to elevate consumer trust.
How can banks survive the technological disruption?Financial technology (Fintech) is growing at a remarkable rate. The global fintech market was worth $127.66bn in 2018. It’s predicted to grow by 25% until 2022, to $309.98 bn, and it continues to disrupt traditional banking.“Fin-Tech and banks need a cultural reconciliation: risk appetite and tolerate trial and error,”said Hugues Delcourt, former CEO at Banque Internationale A Luxembourg S.For banks to survive, they have to embrace fintech platforms and adopt several other practices. According to industry experts, banks need to do the following:
- Become decentralized.
- Incentivize culture change.
- Embrace Blockchain technology.
- Provide transparency in lending.
- Partner with fintechs.
What is big data, and why do we need it?If you read tech news, you are most likely have come across a news item about big data and its importance.
So what’s big data, and why do we need it?Big data is a field that analyzes and extracts information from data sets that are too large to be dealt with by traditional data-processing applications.According to Oracle. big data contains greater variety, arriving in increasing volumes and more velocity. This is known as the “three Vs.”:
- Volume: The amount of data matters. You’ll have to process high volumes of low-density, unstructured data with big data.
- Velocity: This is the fast rate of receiving and acting on data.
- Variety: This refers to the many types of data that are available.
Why do we need big data?Big data helps organizations identify new opportunities, leading to more innovative business solutions, efficient operations, and higher profits.According to Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM, “big data will spell the death of customer segmentation and force the marketer to understand each customer as an individual within 18 months or risk being left in the dust.”In his report, IIA Director of Research Tom Davenport interviewed more than 50 businesses to understand how they used big data. Here is what he found:
- Cost reduction. Big data technologies such as Hadoop bring significant cost advantages when storing large amounts of data.
- Faster, better decision-making. With the speed of analytics, combined with the ability to analyze new data sources, businesses can analyze information immediately and make decisions based on what they’ve learned.
- New products and services. With the ability to gauge customer needs and satisfaction through analytics comes the power to give customers what they want.
How are companies using big data?Companies in various sectors have been using data in different ways to improve their product delivery and cut costs. Here are some ways:
- Discovering consumer shopping habits.
- Prediction for ridesharing companies.
- Monitoring health conditions through data from wearables.
- Live road mapping for autonomous vehicles.
- Real-time cybersecurity protocols.
- Visualize the information.
- Use version control.
- Record metadata.
- Automate, automate, automate.
- Capture your environment.
- Begin with small.
- Budget for flexibility.
- Use a solution-oriented approach.
- Leverage cloud services
- Embrace analytic diversity.
Are you making full use of big data?At Tahaluf, we provide you with advanced, custom cybersecurity and AI solutions.
Would you like to set up a business meeting with our team?Contact us at: email@example.com [post_title] => Big Data [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => big-data [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2022-02-10 16:24:25 [post_modified_gmt] => 2022-02-10 12:24:25 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5808 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5767 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2022-02-04 09:35:23 [post_date_gmt] => 2022-02-04 05:35:23 [post_content] => We have all been there, bogged down by a process at work that is sucking up our time and causing us unneeded stress. Think of a document that needs to be written by one person then approved by several people.You can’t keep track of where the document approval process is and who is doing what, and you wish the whole thing were more streamlined.We have good news for you. At Tahlauf, we have a solution for your pain point. It's our brand new platform, Maestro.
What’s Maestro?Maestro is a web-based Business Process Management platform designed to make it easy for organizations to manage, automate and optimize their business processes. It’s a Low-Code to No-Code platform, meaning it’s easy to use, and non-technical users can use it seamlessly to manage automation projects.Maestro helps you map out your everyday processes to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, control your company's costs, make your day-to-day processes as efficient as possible, and ensure the effectiveness of the people involved in your processes.
Reasons to adopt MaestroWith the plethora of platforms being introduced daily, you might ask what makes Maestro unique.Here are eight reasons:
- Business Agility
- Build your apps 10x faster
- Higher productivity
- Reduces human errors
- Change easily
- Mobile Support
- Decreased costs
- Single Click Deployment:
Features:Maestro provides many unique features that streamline line your business processes. These include:
- Process designer
- User interface designer
- Business rules engine
- Data management
- Data and reports
- Security and access control
The reason for the Big QuitAccording to industry experts, the main reason for the Great Resignation is that the global pandemic has enabled workers to rethink their careers, work/life balance, long-term goals, and working conditions.“We were all able to take a step back in the last year and spend more time doing other things and really question the value of what we’re doing at work,” said Klotz.Inc. magazine lists five reasons people are quitting their jobs:
- Toxic culture.
- Job insecurity and reorganization.
- High levels of innovation that is causing burnout.
- Failure to recognize performance.
- Poor response to Covid-19.
The future of workHow will the Great Resignation change work trends? Here are some predictions by industry experts:
- Flexible work arrangements will become the norm, not the exception.
- Remote jobs will become more competitive.
- Accountability will become more critical for diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (D, E &I).
- Digital transformation and hybrid work arrangements will continue to change companies.
- Digitally-native jobs will continue to be expanded.
- Decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) will attract more talent.
- Online communities will become a place for career progression and talent sourcing.
- Creator side hustles will continue to transform into full-time occupations fueling the creator economy.
Are you ready for how the workplace will soon change?At Tahaluf, we offer a number of online courses that help you gain new skills that will prepare you for the requirements of the post-pandemic work shift.Check out our offerings by visiting: https://e-learning.tahaluf.ae/ [post_title] => What’s the future of jobs amidst the Great Resignation [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => whats-the-future-of-jobs-amidst-the-great-resignation [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2022-01-20 17:00:59 [post_modified_gmt] => 2022-01-20 13:00:59 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5755 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5739 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2022-01-11 12:00:25 [post_date_gmt] => 2022-01-11 08:00:25 [post_content] => What’s the first thing you think of when you hear the word hacker? Do you imagine a nefarious individual, wearing a hoodie and hiding in a dark basement behind a computer?That might not be accurate as, unlike the stereotype, not all hackers are up to no good.There are, in fact, three types of hackers:
- Black hat hackers: They are responsible for creating malware, which is used to infiltrate computerized networks.
- Grey hat hackers: They usually seek out vulnerabilities in a system without an owner’s knowledge, and mostly do it for fun.
- White hat hackers: Also known as ethical hackers, they are security experts who help improve organizations’ security procedures and protect them from malicious hacking.
The demand for ethical hackersEthical hackers are the knight in shining armor of cybersecurity and are seen as the backbone of IT security testing. They are being employed by enterprises worldwide to help them strengthen their security systems. One of the top companies that employ ethical hackers is Brussels Airlines.“We need the support of ethical hackers to reinforce our IT-Security before non-ethical hackers find a possible vulnerability that they will, of course, not report to us,” said Brussel Airlines’ CISO Jean-François Simons.According to Inc. magazine, Chris Carter, founder, and CEO of Milwaukee-based enterprise software company Approyo, hires a cybersecurity team to perform penetration testing at the cost of between $15,000 and $20,000 every two years."I don't want to have to send a letter to all of my customers and their end-users saying, 'We've been hacked, and this is why,' " Carter told INC magazine. "It's better to be proactive than reactive."According to PayScale, the average salary of an ethical hacker is $82,966 per year.
How do ethical hackers work?Ethical hackers investigate the following.
- Injection attacks.
- Changes in security settings.
- Exposure of sensitive data.
- Breach in authentication protocols.
- Access points.
- The Reconnaissance Phase, or the discovery phase.
- The Scanning Phase.
- The Gaining Access Phase.
- The Maintaining Access Phase.
- The Covering of Tracks Phase
- Red team/blue team: The red team vs. blue team exercise aims to strengthen the organization’s preventative, and response controls. This model comes from the navy, where a Red Team attacks and a Blue Team defends.
- Bug bounty hunters: Bug bounty hunters are crowdsourced cybersecurity enthusiasts and professionals that perform security testing.
- Penetration testers: A penetration tester evaluates the security of a computer system or network by simulating an attack from malicious outsiders.
Tahluf’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) programAre you interested in becoming an ethical hacker? At Tahaluf, we offer The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program at our training center. This program is the most comprehensive ethical hacking course globally to help information security professionals grasp the fundamentals of ethical hacking.The course helps you assess an organization's security posture by identifying vulnerabilities in the network and system infrastructure to determine if unauthorized access is possible.The CEH is the first of a series of three comprehensive courses (CEH, ECSA, and the APT course) to help a cyber security professional master penetration testing. Click here to learn more and sign up. [post_title] => Not all hackers are bad. Who are the ethical hackers, and why are they in demand? [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => not-all-hackers-are-bad-who-are-the-ethical-hackers-and-why-are-they-in-demand [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2022-01-11 12:03:07 [post_modified_gmt] => 2022-01-11 08:03:07 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5739 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5716 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2022-01-06 11:51:59 [post_date_gmt] => 2022-01-06 07:51:59 [post_content] =>
What Is Our Writing Approach?When it comes to technical documents, do you ever wonder how they are created? Or maybe you think the process is the same as writing a regular paper?This article will answer your questions and explain our approach to writing technical documents.As a technical writing team at Tahaluf Al Emarat, we always strive to follow the best practices and methods for writing and developing technical documents, so we are committed to the Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC) approach. A Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC) is the cyclic document development process that describes bringing documents to life. Essentially, this cycle corresponds to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).During the Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC), a professional technical writer or a documentation expert should take part in the following steps:
Requirement AnalysisIn this phase, the technical writer collects, before writing the document, specific information about the product overview and system requirements from different sources such as the product owner, the product manager, and an online search then analyzes this information. While writing a document, it is imperative to understand and explore the target audience's level to make sure future documents are more user-oriented. For example, when the target audience is from the beginner's category, the document must cover all the features and functions in detail and simple language, unlike the audience from the principal category; in this case, advanced language can be written and used.The technical writer must also determine what type of document will be issued at this phase, such as a user guide, installation guide, presentation, API document, or training document. This can determine what publishing tool will be used since each document has its own tool.After the requirements have been analyzed, the technical writer is ready to move on to the next phase.
DesignThe technical writer designs, documents according to specific rules and standards that detect minor details (font sizes, font colors, border color, text alignment, picture size, etc.). In addition, the technical writer designs the document's templates, including the table of contents, image, header, footer, customer logo, heading, and subheadings of the title pages.
Developing the contentAfter the analysis and design are finished, technical writers start writing the content to provide a simple demonstration of the system.
ReviewAs soon as the first version of the content is released, editing and proofreading begin. By moving forward with each process and section of the document, reviewers from the same team of technical writers, product owners, and project managers will inspect and verify the complete documentation to make sure that all system features and functionality are covered.
PublishingAt this phase, the technical writers release the document's final version after completing the proofreading and editing procedures. This version can be printed and delivered to the customer or sent by mail. It can also be published online via the publishing tools used by each company.
MaintenanceA vital phase of the cycle allows the writer to save the documents and store them for future use if there is a need to update the record after its initial release or add changes and modifications.
ConclusionThe DDLC approach is solely the responsibility of technical writers because it is an essential component of document development. Moreover, it outlines clear steps that technical writers can follow. In addition, the document must be developed to improve the document's accuracy and understanding by end-users. This approach needs to be accompanied by the latest publishing tools to be effective. Authors: Technical Writing Team
- Anas Abu Khaled
- Shatha Barakat
- Rana Alakhras
- An infrastructure based on technology
- Environmental initiatives
- Effective and highly functional public transportation
- Confident and progressive city plans
- People can live and work within the city, using its resources
Benefits of Smart CitiesAccording to McKinsey Global Institute Smart, city technologies have substantial unrealized potential to improve the urban quality of life.This can happen as follows:
- Applications can help cities fight crime and improve other aspects of public safety.
- Smart-city technologies can make daily commutes faster and less frustrating.
- Cities can be catalysts for better health.
- Smart cities can deliver a cleaner and more sustainable environment.
- Smart cities can create a new digital urban commons and enhance social connectedness.
Top Smart CitiesDubai ranks among the top smart cities in the world. It has recently gone through a seven-year plan to digitally transform all government and financial services, including communications, urban planning, and transportation.It has also recently been announced that is government went paperless. AI is being utilised in the transportation sector and has helped reduce traffic collisions. It’s already collecting road tolls through RFID and payment for transport services.Other top smart cities include New York, Barcelona, Hong Kong, and London.
Future trends of Smart CitiesSmart cities are expected to continue to embrace artificial intelligence and incorporate IoT devices.The global market for smart cities is estimated at US$741.6 Billion in the year 2020 and is projected to reach a size of US$2.5 Trillion by 2026.According to Deloitte Insights, the future trends of smart cities include:
- Green planning of public cities
- Smart health communities
- 15-minute city
- Digital innovation ecosystem
- Circular economy and producing locally
- Sustainable buildings and infrastructure
- Mass participation
- City operations through AI
- Cybersecurity and privacy awareness
- Surveillance and predictive policing through AI
Will other cities follow suit?As Seoul is destined to be the first city to enter the metaverse, it certainly won’t be the last, as experts expect smart cities to turn into metaverse cities.Recently, it was announced that LA indoor Stadium Staples Center would be getting a new, $700 million replacement for its name: Crypto.com Arena. The arena’s new logo will debut on Dec. 25.Crypto.com’s chief executive, Kris Marszalek, said to reporters that he hopes that the new name will come to be seen as a sign of the times “In the next few years, people will look back at this moment as the moment when crypto crossed the chasm into the mainstream,” Marszalek told the Los Angeles Times.Also, in the US, The Downtown Santa Monica District partnered with FlickPlay, a metaverse social app that uses gamification and social aspects to bring locations to life.Users of the app will be able to unlock collectibles and awards that can be redeemed for physical products at retail locations throughout the city using augmented reality and virtual reality.Meanwhile, Barbados could become the first sovereign nation with an embassy in the metaverse, according to a press release published on Coindesk.“The idea is not to pick a winner — the metaverse is still very young and new, and we want to make sure what we build is transferrable across the metaworlds,” Barbado’s ambassador Gabriel Abed was quoted as saying.Barbados will identify and buy land, build virtual embassies and allow users to transport their avatars from one virtual world to another.“This allows us to open the door, using technology diplomacy, which then extends to cultural diplomacy — the trade of art, music, and culture.”Meanwhile, soccer club Manchester City has joined forces with Sony to launch a virtual-reality world based around its state-of-the-art stadium. Based on the plan, the two partners will create a global online fan community within a virtual Etihad Stadium, according to a statement from Sony.Virtual experiences, customized avatars, and interactive loyalty programs will be available at the virtual stadium, which will be a reproduction of "Man City's" home stadium. Is your city will be the next to enter the metaverse? Share your thoughts with us.At Tahaluf, we provide you with advanced, custom AI solutions. Would you like to set up a business meeting with our team? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org [post_title] => Seoul to be the first city to enter the metaverse. Will other cities follow suit? [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => seoul-to-be-the-first-city-to-enter-the-metaverse-will-other-cities-follow-suit [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-12-21 13:15:53 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-12-21 09:15:53 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5706 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5701 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-12-13 19:46:23 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-12-13 15:46:23 [post_content] => Anyone keeping up with the latest Web 3.0 trends will notice that dAPPS are beginning to gain traction in the online world, attracting a large number of early adopters.
So what are dAPPS exactly?Decentralized applications are digital applications that run on a blockchain or peer-to-peer (P2P) network of computers.They are open-source, free from the control of a single authority, and allow for the use of cryptocurrency for a variety of opportunities.Their uniqueness is in their decentralization. For example, if someone publishes a message in a dAPP application, no one, including the app creators, can delete the message. This is not the case in centralized apps like Twitter, Facebook, and others.
The use of “smart contracts”dAPPS enable users to engage in transactions directly with one another and not rely on a central authority. As a result, the dAPP user will pay the developer an amount of cryptocurrency to use the program's source code.The source code is known as a “smart contract,” which enables users to complete transactions without revealing personal information.
What are the main benefits of dAPPS?dAPPS enjoy a number of benefits including:
- The safeguarding of user privacy.
- The lack of censorship.
- The flexibility of development.
DrawbacksTheir drawbacks include:
- They are hard to scale.
- They have limited user interface development.
- Their code is difficult to change.
- They are experimental.
dAPPS’ penetrationOver the past few years, dAPPS have been used in the following fields:
- Decentralized finance( DeFi).
- Non-Fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Social networks.
- Crypto exchanges.
Why should businesses care about dAPPS?There are many ways dAPPS can be beneficial to businesses:
- They can be a cheaper alternative to cloud storage.
- They provide good security and identity protection.
- They have a higher transaction speed, which translates to cost reduction.
Staggering dataLooking at the most recent studies on social engineering is eye-opening. Not only is social engineering widespread, but its victims include even IT professionals.Here are five stats that are worth highlighting:
- 98% of cyber-attacks rely on social engineering.
- 43% of IT professionals say they have been targeted by social engineering in the last year.
- 45% of employees click emails they consider to be suspicious “just in case it’s important.”
- 47% of employees cited distraction as the main factor in their failure to spot phishing attempts
- An estimated 70 – 90 % of breaches are caused by social engineering.
Real-life examples of social engineeringAmong the most significant social engineering attacks was one by Lithuanian national Evaldas Rimasauskas against Google and Facebook.Rimasauskas and his team set up a fake company, pretending to be a computer manufacturer that worked with Google and Facebook.Afterward, they sent phishing emails to specific employees of the companies directing them to deposit money into their fraudulent accounts.Between 2013 and 2015, Rimasauskas cost the two tech companies over $100 million.Another one was when Chinese plane parts manufacturer FACC lost nearly $60 million when scammers impersonated high-level executives and tricked employees into transferring funds.
Types of social engineering attacks:Social engienrring comes in different forms. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Baiting: When a scammer utilizes a false promise to entice a victim into a trap where personal and financial information is stolen, or the system is infected with malware
- Pretexting: An attack in which the attacker creates a scenario to try and convince the victim to give up valuable information, such as a password.
- Phishing: It’s when an attacker sends a fraudulent message designed to trick a human victim into revealing sensitive information to the attacker.
- Quid pro quo: This involves a hacker requesting critical data or login credentials in exchange for a service.
Tips to prevent social engineering attacks:Here are some things to remember to prevent social engineering scams:
- Don’t download files you don’t know.
- Think before you click
- Offers and prizes are fake.
- Delete any requests for personal information or passwords.
What exactly is cybersecurity, and why is it in high demand?According to Synopsys, cybersecurity can be described as the collective methods, technologies, and processes to help protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computer systems, networks, and data, against cyber-attacks or unauthorized access.The demand for cybersecurity professionals spiked after recent cyberattacks hit organizations."Hackers executed more than 70 ransomware attacks in the first half of 2019, most of which were targeted at local governments," reported CBS.
Salary and job satisfactionAccording to various studies, those in the cybersecurity field are happy with their career choice.Up to 71% of respondents in North America said they were satisfied in an ISC2 study, with 36% saying they were very satisfied.A similar survey from PayScale found that the average cyber security engineer gave a job satisfaction of 3.83 out of 5. This is about 10% over the average of 51% among U.S. workers. Jan 27, 2021Due to such high demand and a low supply of qualified labor, cybersecurity has reasonable salary ranges. The average salary in North America for cybersecurity-related jobs is 90,000 compared to the average salary wage of 40,000.Recognizing the gap in the cybersecurity jobs market, big tech companies are stepping in to provide a solution. Microsoft recently started a national initiative to help 250,000 individuals find jobs in cybersecurity by 2025. Meanwhile, Google ran a full-page ad in The Wall Street Journal that said it was training 100,000 Americans for jobs in data privacy and security.
What are the current cybersecurity jobs out there?According to Cyberseek, here are the top five security jobs:
- Cybersecurity Analyst.
- Cybersecurity Consultant.
- Cyber Security Manager.
- Software Developer.
Education and certification requirementsMost cybersecurity jobs need a university degree. A total of 66% of cybersecurity engineer postings need a bachelor's degree, and 23% need a graduate degree. Also, in most cybersecurity jobs, certifications are required. Among these certifications are:
- The CompTIA Cybersecurity Career Pathway.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Project Management.
- Knowledge of Information Systems.
- Critical thinking.
- Communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
Introduction:The internet is buzzing these days with discussions around NTF’s. So, what exactly are NFT’s? Are they a fad, or are they here to stay?NFTs stand for non-fungible tokens, which means they are unique items that can’t be replaced, unlike Bitcoin, which is fungible. NFT’s are part of the Ethereum blockchain.To put things into perspective, here are some examples of NFTs that exist today:
- A digital artwork.
- An essay.
- A digital collectible.
- A domain name.
- A ticket that gives you access to an event or a coupon.
Notable NFTSSeveral NFTs have made headlines for selling for astronomical prices. Here are some examples:
- The first tweet: Twitter founder Jack Dorsey’s first tweet published in March 2006 was auctioned for charity and was bought for $2.9 million by a Malaysian-based buyer.
- Hashmasks is a living art collectible put together by more than 70 artists worldwide.
- The First 5000 Days: A digital piece of art created by Mike Winkelmann (Beeple).
- Crossroads: NFTCrossroads was created by Beeple as a response to the 2020 presidential election. It was auctioned on Nifty Gateway and got $6.6 million.
Brands and NFT’sIf you are a business, you should pay attention to NFT’s as big brands have already started experimenting with them. They include the following:
- Taco Bell: The famous fast-food chain sold 25 digital art tokens on the NFT Rarible marketplace.
- Charmin: The toilet paper company sold toiled paper-themed NFTs, branded as NFTP (non-fungible toilet paper).
- Pizza Hut: Pizza Hut Canada put a pixelated pizza on Rarible for 0.0001 ETH ($0.18). The idea was that it should be affordable, as the cost of a bite of Pizza, Megan Farquhar, Executive Creative Director at Ogilvy, the agency responsible for the campaign, told Decrypt publication.
The NFTs’ bubbleSo, will the NFTs bubble ever pop?Analysts like David Hoffman, the co-founder of Bankless newsletter, is a staunch believer in NFT’s power.He wrote: “Not all humans are finance geeks, but all humans are culture animals. NFTs are the marketable surface area that Ethereum needs in order to go mainstream.”However, according to data from Nonfungible website, the number of daily sales across all NFT marketplaces has declined from a high of 138,109 on Aug. 30 to 42,372 on Sept. 21These market developments prompted podcast host and Twitter user Dennis Porter to suggest that “the NFT market has died.”He said: “As I’ve been predicting (despite getting intense backlash from everyone, including bitcoiners) the NFT market has died.Average price of NFTs have dropped over 99%. Liquid death has come. Sorry not sorry for calling this market a scam.”
The dangers of NFT’sInvesting in NFT’s is not risk-free.Cybercriminals can copy an NFT token, and people can end up buying fake NFT tokens. So people should check the authentication of an NFT token before buying them.According to the CEO of L'Atelier BNP Paribas, buying NFT’s is akin to gambling in a casino.“I think it's probably akin at this stage to going into the casino,” said John Egan, CEO of L’Atelier, in an interview with BNN Bloomberg. “You know you're going to spend money, but maybe you're doing it for the enjoyment, for the experience. If you win, you've got lucky.” At Tahaluf, we keep up with the latest technology. Do you want to know more about our digital offerings Talk with one of our experts. Contact us at: email@example.com [post_title] => Everyone is talking about NFTs. What are they, and should we care? [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => everyone-is-talking-about-nfts-what-are-they-and-should-we-care [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-11-24 11:34:32 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-11-24 07:34:32 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5670 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5666 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-11-17 18:17:22 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-11-17 14:17:22 [post_content] =>
Introduction:We have been hearing a lot lately about the metaverse, especially after Facebook's recent announcement that they are investing heavily in it and even changing their company's iconic name to "Meta."It has also been reported that both Microsoft and NVIDIA are working on their own versions of the metaverse.So, what is the metaverse exactly, and why should we pay attention to it?The metaverse is an online world where people interact via digital avatars. It's a combination of virtual reality, augmented reality video where users dwell in a digital universe.The term was coined by author Neal Stephenson in his 1992 science fiction novel Snow Crash. In his book, he envisioned avatars who met in realistic 3D buildings and other virtual reality places.The metaverse is expected to blend the offline and online world, which will be much harder to delineate. Many experts believe that "extended reality" (XR) – the combination of augmented, virtual and mixed reality will be happening in a matter of time.In his AI thought book, Murat Durmus said the metaverse is the "ideal playground in which the AI can let off steam. The more humans lose themselves in it, the more the AI will take control. That much is certain."
How does the future look like?Futurists envision metaverse' users working, playing, and staying connected with friends through various avenues, ranging from concerts and conferences to virtual trips worldwide.Several brands have already started experimenting with them, like fashion icon Gucci which recently unveiled Gucci Garden. In this immersive multimedia experience, users of the online gaming platform Roblox can explore and purchase goods.
Should we worry about the metaverse?While many technologists and industry leaders are already embracing the metaverse, should we take a step back and reflect on its implications?Dr. David Reid, Professor of AI and Spatial Computing at Liverpool Hope University, said that while the metaverse will change our lives the same way the internet did, it also poses "terrifying dangers.""Because if you think about the way it works, the metaverse's ultimate aim is not just virtual reality, or augmented reality, it's mixed reality (MR). It's blending the digital and the real world together. Ultimately this blend may be so good and so pervasive, that the virtual and the real become indistinguishable," Reid said in comments he gave to the media."And the market for that is gigantic. Whoever controls it will basically have control over your entire reality."According to Reid, we need to police the metaverse."We're clearly in the very early stages, but we need to start talking about these problems now before we go down a route we can't reverse away from. It's crucial for the future."
Be preparedIf you are a business, it might be a good idea to start looking seriously into the metaverse and decide on what kind of innovations you need to streamline for this new digital world.Maybe you can follow the example of Nike and make sure all your ducks are in a row before you find yourself late to the game.It was recently reported that Nike had filed seven trademark applications in preparation for the metaverse. The company also indicated it was planning to sell virtual branded sneakers and apparel.Also, as a business, make sure you familiarize yourself with the metaverse's strong connection with the real-world economy. This may rely on non-fungible tokens (NFTs) as the foundation for value creation.According to the World Economic Forum, "If NFTs become a commonly adopted tool for trading such goods, they could help accelerate the use of XR ecosystems as places people go to combine elements of the digital economy with their offline lives." [post_title] => What's the metaverse, and how do we prepare for its expansion? [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => whats-the-metaverse-and-how-do-we-prepare-for-its-expansion [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-11-17 18:18:13 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-11-17 14:18:13 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5666 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5627 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-11-07 15:52:08 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-11-07 11:52:08 [post_content] =>
IntroductionImagine this scenario: You buy or use a new electronic product or service, but something doesn't work for you or you don't understand the steps.What is the first thing you do? Yes, you would pull out the quick-start guide and see what you need.The question is, have you ever wondered who made this quick guide? Who is responsible for ensuring that critical information is communicated clearly, concisely, and easily understood? This is the task of Technical Writers."So, what does a technical writer...do...exactly?" It’s a question we've heard from friends, family, and strangers many times throughout our writing careers. As far as I can tell, there's no question. It's writing - that's pretty technical. It’s right there in the name, but the details remain fuzzy to most.There is a saying that technical writers are a rare breed. Professional technical writers are consumer advocates, researchers, and testers, who are aware of the consumer's needs, preferences, and behaviours, in a way that many others aren't. Technical writers describe products and services in a way that target audiences can understand. To put it in another way, they translate the technical language of engineers, SMEs, and manufacturers into terms that the target audience can understand. They can chunk a long and complicated procedure into bite-sized and easy-to-understand steps. They help set proper expectations so end-users understand both what a new product can do and, perhaps more importantly, what it cannot do.
Is It Only About Writing User Guides?This is, without a doubt, the most serious fallacy of all. As technology advances, technical writing has evolved to encompass all documentation of complex technical processes such as technical reports, executive summaries, briefs, emails, policy, online support articles, training materials, product descriptions, reference guides, and internal documents for coders/API developers.The process and outcomes of technical writing are unique, and the responsibilities of technical writers extend beyond writing. They must comprehend the entire project, from high-level goals to the implementation complexities.In software documentation, technical writers play a huge role. They explain how to use a program or service by writing:
- Documentation that specifies the expectations for the software being developed.
- Architecture documentation defines the high-level architecture of the software system is created.
- Technical documentation for software developers, which might include software code documentation, algorithms, or APIs.
- End-user documentation is user guides or manuals that assist the users of a particular system.
- FAQ’s, Online Help, and Video Tutorials.
Technical Writer Career PathSeveral questions might go through the mind of a technical writer when considering their career path. Will I still be the same person I am now, or can I develop? Get rid of all vague and unclear questions and start with a clear one. What should I do now, and how do I proceed? Depending on your interests, your career progression may vary.The technical writer's career path is like a "system development life cycle". The journey to becoming a technical writer can be made direct by completing a university education and then applying directly for a technical writing job after graduation. This path, however, is taken by a minority of technical writers. A Technical Writing Course can pave the way for your static career, no matter what your technical background is. An apprenticeship in technical writing might be your best option for a fast track to a technical writing career. During your apprenticeship, you can apply different techniques and methods on an actual project to learn technical writing from your mentor. Once you have this experience, you can turn it into a paid technical writing position.The ideal situation would be for a person to go directly from technical writing training to working as a technical writer. For many people, that world doesn't exist at all. The difference begins with your level of education. This can also be divided into two main categories, as illustrated in this diagram:
- Degrees related to technical writing
- Degrees not related to technical writing
Technical Writers' Occupational Hierarchy
Upon gaining experience as a Junior Technical Writer, you can advance to the role of Senior Technical Writer, handling a variety of complex projects and working with a team of writers. If you want to be a team leader, you can pursue a career in management and leadership. As you improve your management and leadership skills, you can advance in the hierarchy and become the team leader for technical writers. In addition, because they have a very broad understanding of many types of projects, in addition to having very high skills in data collection, they are more likely to be able to move to other departments, such as business analysis.
Where Is The Need for Technical Writers?Technical writing holds a strong foothold in many industries, where it plays a crucial role. It has become increasingly popular in recent years. Technical writing is typically associated with specialized areas of the software that require extensive documentation, such as user manuals, instruction manuals, or reference manuals. Consequently, most technical writing jobs are associated with software companies. However, technical writing is also used in other fields such as Healthcare, Aerospace, Electronics, Finance, and Automotive.Design Your Own Technical Writing Career Path.
ConclusionFinally, we realize that this is what technical writers bring to the table. They are not only an important member of your team, but they also add value to your products and services by providing proper documentation, solid proposals, and detailed comments. Additionally, they can switch roles and assist in different departments. It doesn't matter what degree they have; they just need experience and the ability to develop and strengthen their writing skills. There's no right or wrong way to become a technical writer; you will be challenged with some tracks that seem challenging, you'll make mistakes, but you'll be on the right track in the end. Authors: Technical Writing Team
- Anas Abu Khaled
- Shatha Barakat
- Rana Ali Alakhras
IntroductionThe term Web 3.0 has been thrown out a lot lately. We read about it in tech articles, hear it discussed heavily on podcasts and news segments, so what is it exactly?Before we explain what Web 3.0 is all about, let's dive a bit into the history of the internet and talk about its progression.The creator of the World Wide Web, Tim Berners-Lee's initially imagined the internet to be "a collaborative medium, a place where we [could] all meet and read and write," but this is not how the World Wide Web first started. Since its inception, the internet has gone through different phases:
- Web 1.0: It's the early days of the internet where data and information were predominantly static, with minimal users' interaction with the content. There were very few creators during this phase, unlike today's "creator economy."
- Web 2.0: That's when the content became generated mainly by internet users. An example of this is Wikipedia and the various social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. The main issue with Web 2.0 is that both consumers' and creators' data are usually sold to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Web 3.0: In this version of the web, data will be connected in a decentralized way, unlike Web 2.0, where data is mainly stored in centralized storage locations. This is the closest to Berners-Lee's original idea of the internet.
The main features of Web 3.0The future is bright for Web 3.0, which is destined to have many unique and innovative qualities that will safeguard users' privacy and provide more customized search results. Here are some of its main features:
- AI: In Web 3.0, AI and machine learning technology will play a significant role in processing data. This will allow data to be provided to users faster while yielding more relevant results. An example of this is the algorithms used to suggest products, videos, etc. Web 3.0 is destined to be a bit like that but even more advanced and accurate than what's currently being offered.
- Semantic Web. The term "semantic web" can be defined as generating, sharing, and connecting content through search and analysis based on understanding the meaning of words rather than on keywords or numbers.
- 3D Graphics. Three-dimensional designs will be used extensively in websites and services.
- Decentralized data ownership. Privacy concerns have been a big issue of late among internet users. As a result, laws like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into fruition to regulate data privacy breaches. One of the most significant advantages of Web 3.0 is distributed ledgers and storage on the blockchain, which will allow for data decentralization and create a transparent and secure environment.
How to make sure your business is ready for Web 3.0Powered by AI and blockchain technology Web 3.0, is destined to make it simpler and more convenient to search for anything online while keeping sensitive data secure.Now, how to make sure your business is ready for Web 3.0?
- Invest in AI.
- Invest in IoT devices.
- Keep an open mind toward new technologies like blockchain.
- Be honest and transparent with how user data is being used.
- Educate your clients and stakeholders on blockchain technology and the semantic web.
Can you imagine a world without the Internet?Try to visualize how our current existence would be without instant access to information and ease of communication. Imagine how time-consuming it would be to look up information on your favorite basketball player or connect with faraway friends.That internet-less world existed before 1991, but everything changed after that when the WWW became publicly available.We owe a lot to the Internet; that’s why on October 29 of every year, the world celebrates Internet Day, an innovation that many consider the most important invention in human history.
History of Internet DayThe history of that day goes back to October 29, 1969, when Charley Kline, a grad student on the UCLA campus, sent the first internet message to his colleague, Bill Duvall, at Stanford while working on something called ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network), the U.S. Defense Department-funded network that connected four terminals installed at UCLA. The message he sent was one word: “LOGIN.”The use of the Internet has swept the world since then. As of January 2021, there were 4.66 billion active internet users worldwide - 59.5 percent of the global population.The use of the Internet has expanded to include mobile devices.According to the report The State of Mobile Internet Connectivity 2021by GSM Association, more than half the world’s population uses mobile Internet for the first time.“By the end of 2020, 51% of the world’s population – just over 4 billion people – were using mobile internet, an increase of 225 million since the end of 2019,” said the report.Internet traffic is still expected to expand even more. According to UNCTAD Digital Economy Report 2021, global internet protocol traffic in 2022 will exceed all the internet traffic up to 2016.Other key findings in the UNCTAD report include the following:
- The data-driven digital economy is rapidly evolving amidst huge divides in digital readiness.
- Cross-border data flows are a new kind of international economic flow, which leads to a new form of global interdependence.
- Regulating data flows at the international level has become more urgent.
How to celebrate Internet Day?Do you have any plans to celebrate this day?Here are some suggestions:
- Visit the very first website, which is still online.
- Learn more about the history of the Internet.
- Wish your friends and colleagues Internet Day messages by posting your celebrations on social media using the hashtag #InternationalInternetDay or #InternetDay.
So, what exactly is the Internet of Things?The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the network of connected devices that collect and share data about the environment around them over a wireless network without human intervention.For example, we can now lock our doors, turn on lights, and water our garden all from our smart devices.Among the most used IoT products are Google’s Home, Amazon’s Alexa, and the home cleaning robot Roomba. According to AI security firm CujoAI, smartwatches are some of the fastest-growing IoT devices in North America.The number of Internet-connected devices that people have is going up.Media Post reported that “There will be four networked devices and connections per person globally by 2021, according to the latest annual visual networking index forecast by Cisco.”In North America, there will be 13 networked devices and connections per person by 2021.
The security risks of IoTWhile IoT provides convenience and access to data necessary to businesses, it’s not risk-freeIn a report in Bloomberg about the effect of IoT on the banking sector, Royal Bank of Canada Chief Executive Officer Dave McKay was quoted as saying that IoT “is going to explode the number of transactions, but it’s an incredibly complex world.”McKay argues that IoT will make cybersecurity more challenging by opening up many more points of vulnerability and creating a larger “perimeter” that banks will have to defend.Here are some of the risks that come with IoT:
- Lack of privacy governance.
- Device theft.
- Data breaches.
- Compliance issues.
- Lack of user knowledge.
- Lack of physical security.
- Access to sensitive data.
- Botnet attacks, like in the case of the 2016 Mirai botnet when 100,000 IoT devices were hijacked.
How to secure your business’ IoT devicesHackers can use several ways to try to compromise your IoT devices. For example, they can try to access your heating and lighting systems to find out if you are home or not, or they can try to get your bank account info through the information you gave to Amazon’s Alexa.Here are some of the steps that you can take to maser sure your IoT devices are secure:
- Change the default passwords when using new devices for the first time.
- Frequently check for firmware and system updates.
- Set up guest Wi-Fi.
- Enable encryption wherever possible.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi.
- Turn off any device functions that aren’t needed.
- Use a robust encryption method like WPA for Wi-Fi access.
Voice cloningVoice cloning or AI voice deepfakes is the creation of an artificial simulation of a person's voice. This technology is widespread these days. Just Google voice cloning or AI voice synthesis, and you will see results from companies such as Resemble.AI and Respeecher.A documentary about late celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain caused controversy when the creators revealed that they had used AI to create audio of Bourdain.Another example of the serious scale of voice cloning is when a company called Sonantic announced it had created an AI voice clone of actor Val Kilmer, whose own voice was damaged in 2014.
Synthetic media is not going anywhere.Speaking to CBS' Sixty Minutes, Nina Schick, a technology consultant who wrote the book Deepfakes: The Coming Infocalypse said that by "five to seven years, we are basically looking at a trajectory where any single creator, so a YouTuber, a TikToker, will be able to create the same level of visual effects that is only accessible to the most well-resourced Hollywood studio today."The threat on businessesUsing synthetic media technology, malicious actors are targeting businesses. The FBI released a report on March 21 stating that actors outside the US are currently incorporating manipulated digital content into disinformation campaigns.The report added that those actors "almost certainly" will be using deepfakes to advance their influence or cyber operations "using synthetic content in spearphishing and social engineering in an evolution of cyber operational tradecraft."The Wall Street Journal reported in 2019 that the CEO of a UK-based energy firm believed he was on the phone with his boss when he followed the orders to immediately transfer €220,000 to the bank account of a Hungarian supplier.Writing for Forbes Magazine, Oscar Frazier warned of what he called an evolving threat known as "business identity compromise" (BIC) — similar to business email compromise — saying "it is another area in which synthetic content use is expected to expand."In a BIC attack, actors could use AI technologies to manipulate corporate identities, which would then be used to access internal systems and data.
How to protect your business from synthetic mediaIf you are an owner of a business, it's crucial that you prepare yourself and your employees for potential synthetic media attacks are some of the steps that you can take:
- Training and awareness: Educate your employees of the widespread use of deepfakes and how it affects businesses worldwide.
- Invest in AI solutions that detect these threats.
- Implement anti-attack practices to minimize threats, such as disabling site source code to prevent attackers from taking over your site.
- Avoid publishing too much information about employees on your organization's public website.
- Ensure that multifactor authentication is utilized when possible.
- Train your employees to spot synthetic media like deep fake videos.
Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.02.0 and later
Accounting Automation: ExplainedAccounting automation streamlines and automates end-to-end accounting and transaction processes, including daily rates import, accounting creation, journal import, and journal posting. Data flows through all of the required processing steps without user intervention. Users are notified of exceptions and provided with the information to help resolve them. Additional users can optionally be notified of errors generated during the transaction accounting process.
Setup and ConsiderationsTo use accounting automation, you can opt into the feature from the Offerings work area. When you opt-in, you're automatically directed to the Manage Accounting Automation page where you can set up the automation. You can also open the Manage Accounting Automation page from the Setup and Maintenance work area using the Manage Accounting Automation task.Note: If you use segment value security, or if you use or plan to use, any form of coexistence solution, such as Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub Reporting Cloud, you should not enable accounting automation. On the Manage Accounting Automation page you can:
- Enable automation for all ledgers (primary, secondary, and reporting currencies with currency conversion levels of Journal or Subledger).
- Specify when to submit the automation.
- Specify who should receive the email notification for each accounting automation run. The notification provides a summary of the processed data and a detailed listing of all errors.
- Optionally specify who should receive an email notification for errors generated while processing transactions for a specific combination of the ledger (or ledger set) and error category. You can notify more than one user for the same ledger and error category combination. You can also specify a ledger of Any or No Ledger. With this selection, users can be notified of transactions that don't have a ledger associated with them, such as daily rates import, and for scenarios where you want to include all ledgers.
- Accounting automation doesn't process transactions that were created before the automation was enabled unless the accounting date on the transaction is the same as, or later than, the date the automation was enabled.
- Doesn't process incomplete batches for posting.
- If you use Receivables and plan to enable accounting automation, you must schedule the Create Receivables Accounting process to run daily, before the Accounting Automation process scheduled time.
Users and Email NotificationsThe accounting automation process produces two types of email notifications. One type is for the user specified in the Default User to Notify field on the Manage Accounting Automation page, and the other is for users specified in the Error Notifications section. The email subject for both types of notifications includes the date and time of the accounting automation run.The default user receives a notification after every accounting automation run with information about the processed data and errors. Here's an example of the email subject for the notification: Accounting Automation Results from 1/2/18 8:00 AM for Your Review. The other users receive a notification for their assigned primary ledger (or ledger set) and error category, if errors occur. Here's an example of the email subject for the notification: Accounting Automation on 1/2/18 8:00 AM Resulted in Issues Requiring Your Attention. Notifications can include the following sections:
- Posted Transactions Summary
- Automation Errors Summary
- Pending Approvals Summary
- Automation Errors Details
- Pending Approvals Details
Posted Transactions SummaryThe Posted Transactions Summary section displays a summary of the posted balances by the ledger. Only the default user receives this summary. If no accounting transactions were successfully posted for any ledger after an accounting automation run, a message displays in place of this section.The following figure shows an example of a posting summary. In this example, a total of 302 USD was posted to the ledger Vision Operations (USA). The following table describes the columns that display in this section.
Automation Errors SummaryThe Automation Errors Summary section displays a summary of the errors by ledger and error category. The default user and users who are assigned to the error category that has errors receive this summary.The following figure shows an example of the errors summary.In this example, the Vision Operations (USA) ledger has 3 transactions totaling 750 USD with currency conversion errors, and 23 transactions totaling 75,990 USD with period status errors. All of the errors were new for the latest accounting automation run, so the error counts of 3 and 23 appear in the New column. The Users Notified column is blank for both error rows, which indicates that no users were set up to receive notifications for the Vision Operations (USA) ledger and the Currency Conversion and Period Status error categories. The following table describes the columns that display in this section.
Pending Approvals SummaryThe Pending Approvals Summary section displays a summary of the journal batches, by aging bucket, that requires approval, are in the process of being approved, or were rejected. The default user and the users who are assigned the Approval error category receive this summary. The following figure shows an example of the Pending Approvals Summary section. In this example, the Vision Operations (USA) ledger has two journal batches totaling 24,000 USD that have been pending approval within the last 4 to 7 days. The following table describes the columns that display in this section.
Automation Errors DetailsThe Automation Errors Details section displays the detailed transactions or journals for the errors reported in the Automation Errors Summary section.The following figure shows the transactions with the currency conversion errors reported in the Automation Errors Summary section. In this example, all three errors come from subledger transactions. For subledger transactions, the Transaction column provides the name of the subledger application, which in this example is Payables, and includes detailed information such as the invoice number and amount. The invoice currency is SGD and the error for all three rows indicates that SGD isn't valid for the accounting date specified on each invoice. Possible corrective actions to resolve the issue are listed in the Error column after the errors. The sum of the accounted amounts is 750 USD, which is the amount reported in the Automation Errors Summary section.Note: The information that appears in the Transaction column is related to the type of transaction. For example, for posting errors, the transaction information includes the journal batch name, the period name, and potentially a journal name and line number. The following table describes the columns that display in this section.
Pending Approvals DetailsThe Pending Approvals Details section displays the details for the Pending Approvals Summary section.Note: Accounting automation doesn't submit approval for any type of journal batch. If a journal batch needs approval, it must be submitted for approval manually or through the AutoPost Journals process.The following figure provides an example of two journal batches with pending approvals. The approval for one batch was rejected, and the other batch is in the process of being approved. Mary Johnson initiated the approval for both batches and it's been 7 days since the last approval action for both. The following table describes the columns that display in this section.
FAQs for Managing Accounting AutomationHow can I provide users access to the log and output files for the accounting automation child processes?Sign in to the Security Console as security manager and perform the following steps:
- Create a job role for the users who require access.
- Create a data security policy for the ESS_REQUEST_HISTORY object.
- Assign the new job role to the policy.
- Create a rule and select this value for the condition: ESS requests submitted by the Accounting Automation process.
- To allow users to view the log and output files, select these actions: ESS_REQUEST_READ, ESS_REQUEST_OUTPUTREAD.
- To allow users to cancel the Accounting Automation job, select the ESS_REQUEST_CANCEL action.
Intro:The pandemic has changed a lot for everyone - especially the way we work. With the prevalence of remote work, HR Departments have been met with new rules and regulations.It is vital for companies to be able to keep track of their employees, whether or not he/she decides to go to the office or stay home to work. Having access to this information helps businesses plan and operate accordingly.With that said, here's how you can configure remote working regulations on Oracle EBS Self-Service HR.
Solution:Create Value Set as below:Name: XXHR_REMOTE_WORK_VSList Type: List of ValueMaximum Size: 120Validation Type: TableTable Name: fnd_lookup_valuesValue: meaningSize: 120ID: lookup_codeSize: 30Where/order by:where lookup_type = 'XXHR_REMOTE_WORK'and language = userenv('LANG')and enabled_flag = 'Y'Please go to DFF è Extra Person InformationCreate new EIT as below:Code: XXHR_REMOTING_WORKName: Remoting WorkArabic Translation: العمل عن بعدCreate lookup as below:Type: XXHR_REMOTE_WORKMeaning: XXHR_REMOTE_WORKApplication: Human ResourcesCreate the below functions below:Function: XXHR_REMOTE_WORKSUser Function Name: Extra Information Types - Remote Working TabType: SSWA jsp functionWeb HTML:OA.jsp?akRegionCode=HR_CREATE_PROCESS_TOP_SS&akRegionApplicationId=800&OAFunc=XXHR_REMOTE_WORKS&pAMETranType=SSHRMS&pAMEAppId=800&pProcessName=XXHR_EIT_REMOTE_WORK_PRC&pItemType=HRSSA&pCalledFrom=XXHR_REMOTE_WORKS&pPersonID=&pFromMenu=Y&p Add this function (Extra Information Types - Remote Working Tab) to Menu: Global Self Service Functions CustomLast sequence +1 Add this function (Extra Information Types - Remote Working Tab) to Menu you want to show it: XXX Special Requests Sub MenuSequence: 121Prompt: Remote WorkFunction: Extra Information Types - Remote Working TabArabic Translation: العمل عن بعد /***********************************************************************************/Go to Functional Administrator → PersonalizationDocument Path: /oracle/apps/per/selfservice/extrainfotype/webui/EitUpdatePGFunction: Extra Information Types - Remote Working TabChoose: FlexSegment List:XXHR_REMOTING_WORK|Emp_Num($RO$)|Emp_Name($RO$)|Emp_Nat($RO$)|Emp_Gender($RO$)|Emp_Marital_Status($RO$)|Emp_Grade($RO$)|Emp_Org($RO$)|Emp_Pos($RO$)|Reason|SD|ED| Document Path: /oracle/apps/per/selfservice/extrainfotype/webui/EitPGFunction: Extra Information Types - Remote Working TabChoose: FlexSegment List:XXHR_REMOTING_WORK|Emp_Num($RO$)|Emp_Name($RO$)|Emp_Nat($RO$)|Emp_Gender($RO$)|Emp_Marital_Status($RO$)|Emp_Grade($RO$)|Emp_Org($RO$)|Emp_Pos($RO$)|Reason|SD|ED| Go to Application Developer → MessageDefine new messages as below:Name: XXHR_REMOTING_WORK_01Language: USApplication: Human ResourcesText:<html><b><span style="color:#C11B17">Kindly ,provide the required attachments either medical report or schooling documents for e-learning</span></b></html>Name: XXHR_REMOTING_WORK_01Language: ARApplication: Human ResourcesText:<html><b><span style="color:#C11B17">يرجى التكرم بأرفاق المستندات اللازمة سواء ما يفيد بدراسة الاولاد عن بعد أو التقرير الطبي</span></b></html>Go to Functional Administrator → PersonalizationDocument Path: /oracle/apps/per/selfservice/extrainfotype/webui/EitUpdatePGFunction: Extra Information Types - Remote Working TabClick on complete view, ExpandThen click on Create Item Item Style: TipID: XXHR_REMOTING_WORK_01Tip Message Name: XXHR_REMOTING_WORK_01 Go to XXX HRMS Manager → Role and create a new one as below:Name: XXX Remote WorkAdd the below persons:Name 1Name 2--------Go to AME and do the following:Create the below approver groups as below:Name: XXX Remote WorkDescription: XXX Remote WorkOrder Number: 10Voting Method: The first responder winsUsage Type: StaticApprover Type: Position Control RolesApprover: XXX Remote Work Create the below rule as following:Name: XXX Remoting Work RuleRule Type: Combination: List CreationCategory: ApproverConditions:TRANSACTION_GROUP_ID is equal to 81WORKFLOW_PROCESS_NAME in (XX_EIT_REMOTEWORK_PRC)Actions:
ConclusionOracle EBS is a flexible solution where you can extend and apply new regulations without the need for creating new custom components. Author: Mohamed Emad Darwesh, Senior Oracle HCM Consultant [post_title] => Oracle: How to configure remote working regulations using Oracle EBS Self Service HR [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => oracle-how-to-configure-remote-working-regulations-using-oracle-ebs-self-service-hr [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-10-13 18:16:34 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-10-13 14:16:34 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5482 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5283 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-07-05 17:08:05 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-07-05 13:08:05 [post_content] =>
The HR Operations department constantly receives requests from employees to furnish letters or certificates on behalf of the organization. Employees may need to submit these official letters such as Employment Certificates, Experience Letters, Embassy Letters, and more to the government or private entities.
While other organizations may prefer creating these letters/certificates manually each time a request is raised by an employee, this approach may not be sustainable for a company with a large employee base. For such instances, a digital solution is a great help.
This blog illustrates how to configure a document type that supports generating letters for various business purposes on Oracle ERP. The generated letter is available as an attachment and is automatically stored as a PDF file under the same documents of record (DoR).
Let’s take an example to comprehend the functionality of Generate Letter based on the Documents of Record (DoR) to make your understanding much clearer.
Suppose that an employee of an organization is applying for a loan, he/she will be required to provide a Salary Certificate. This feature comes in handy to facilitate the generation of such letters for the employees.
You need to create the document type and additionally specify a BI publisher report path to generate the letter. You need to create a document descriptive flex field context that includes the fields required in the letter. You then associate this context with the document type you created.
Note: This feature is available from Release 20B (Release 20.04)
Solution StepsِِA. Report Configuration Step 1: Data Model
- Navigate to Tools > Reports and Analytics > Click Catalog > Folders > Shared Folders > Human Capital Management > Workforce Management > Manage Document Records > Data Models
- Click on the Data Model DocumentReport.dx and click Copy.
- Navigate to your custom folder and click on Paste and Modify the data model name.
- Click on the Edit hyperlink for the copied data model and make the necessary changes. Save the data model.
NVL(:DESTINATION_NAME,NVL(:DESTINATION_OTHER,'To Whom May Concern/من يهمه الأمر')),
INSTR(NVL(:DESTINATION_NAME,NVL(:DESTINATION_OTHER,'To Whom May Concern/من يهمه الأمر')),'/') - 1
NVL(:DESTINATION_NAME,NVL(:DESTINATION_OTHER,'To Whom May Concern/من يهمه الأمر')),
INSTR(NVL(:DESTINATION_NAME,NVL(:DESTINATION_OTHER,'To Whom May Concern/من يهمه الأمر')),'/') + 1
(SELECT DISTINCT papf.person_number, paaf.person_id, haoul.NAME org_name, haoul.organization_id,
NVL (hap.NAME, 'Not Defined') POSITION,
NVL (hapae.NAME, 'Not Defined') position_ae,
(SELECT ppn1.first_name || ' '
FROM per_person_names_f ppn1
WHERE 1 = 1
AND ppn1.person_id = papf.person_id
AND ppn1.person_id = paaf.person_id
AND TRUNC (SYSDATE) BETWEEN ppn1.effective_start_date
AND ppn1.name_type = 'GLOBAL') employee_name,
|| ' '
FROM per_person_names_f ppn1
WHERE 1 = 1
AND ppn1.person_id = papf.person_id
AND ppn1.person_id = paaf.person_id
AND TRUNC (SYSDATE) BETWEEN ppn1.effective_start_date
AND ppn1.name_type = 'AE') employee_name_ae,
FROM per_person_names_f ppn1
WHERE 1 = 1
AND ppn1.person_id = papf.person_id
AND ppn1.person_id = paaf.person_id
AND TRUNC (SYSDATE) BETWEEN ppn1.effective_start_date
AND ppn1.name_type = 'GLOBAL') full_name,
FROM per_person_names_f ppna
WHERE 1 = 1
AND ppna.person_id = papf.person_id
AND ppna.person_id = paaf.person_id
AND TRUNC (SYSDATE) BETWEEN ppna.effective_start_date
AND ppna.name_type = 'AE') full_name_ae,
(SELECT TO_CHAR (SYSDATE, 'DD/MM/YYYY', 'NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE = AMERICAN' ) FROM DUAL) sysdat,
(select flv.meaning from PER_CITIZENSHIPS PC,fnd_lookup_values flv
) nat ,
(select flv.meaning from PER_CITIZENSHIPS PC,fnd_lookup_values flv
'Query to get sign person ' sign_name,
from per_periods_of_service ppos , per_all_assignments_m paam
AND SYSDATE BETWEEN paam.effective_start_date AND paam.effective_end_date) Hire,
nvl((select round(cs.salary_amount,2) from CMP_SALARY CS
and trunc(sysdate) between cs.date_from and cs.date_to),0) amt,
FROM per_all_people_f papf,
(SELECT hapf.NAME, paam.person_id,paam.legal_entity_id
FROM hr_all_positions_f_tl hapf,
WHERE 1 = 1
AND hapf.position_id = paam.position_id
AND papf.person_id = paam.person_id
AND hapf.source_lang = 'US'
AND paam.ASSIGNMENT_STATUS_TYPE in ('ACTIVE')
AND SYSDATE BETWEEN hapf.effective_start_date
AND SYSDATE BETWEEN paam.effective_start_date
AND SYSDATE BETWEEN papf.effective_start_date
AND hapf.LANGUAGE = 'US') hap,
(SELECT hapf.NAME, paam.person_id,paam.legal_entity_id
FROM hr_all_positions_f_tl hapf,
WHERE 1 = 1
AND hapf.position_id = paam.position_id
AND papf.person_id = paam.person_id
AND hapf.source_lang = 'AR'
AND paam.ASSIGNMENT_STATUS_TYPE in ('ACTIVE')
AND SYSDATE BETWEEN hapf.effective_start_date
AND SYSDATE BETWEEN paam.effective_start_date
AND SYSDATE BETWEEN papf.effective_start_date
AND hapf.LANGUAGE = 'AR') hapae,
(SELECT max(issue_Date),PASSPORT_NUMBER,papf.person_id FROM PER_PASSPORTS PP,per_all_people_f papf
AND TRUNC(SYSDATE) BETWEEN papf.effective_start_date AND papf.effective_end_date
group by passport_number,papf.person_id
WHERE 1 = 1
AND paaf.legal_entity_id = haoul.organization_id
-- AND hap.legal_entity_id = haoul.organization_id
-- AND hapae.legal_entity_id = haoul.organization_id
AND TRUNC (SYSDATE) BETWEEN paaf.effective_start_date
AND TRUNC (SYSDATE) BETWEEN papf.effective_start_date
AND papf.person_id = paaf.person_id
AND paaf.person_id = hap.person_id(+)
AND paaf.person_id = hapae.person_id(+)
AND papf.person_id = papo.person_id(+)
and exists (select 1
from PER_LEGAL_EMPLOYERS pe
AND papf.person_id = :PERSONID
order by lpad(PERSON_NUMBER,10,'0')
Step 2: Create RTF Template
- Extracting sample XML file that will be used to create RTF
- To get the Transaction ID, submit a transaction after configuring all the required flex field attributes Navigate >> Transaction Console >>Search for the Manage Document Records process with the status In Progress.
2. Click on transaction name and copy Transaction ID which will be the parameter for the data model and report.
3. Click on Edit for the data model which is copied to your custom folder.
4. Click on View Data, enter the Transaction ID noted above.
5. Click on Export to save the output sample XML.
2. Create latter RTF template
Use BI Publisher word tool to build RTF template and load sample XML
Step 3: Create Report
- Navigate to Tools > Reports and Analytics > New > Report.
- Click on Cancel on the Create Report pop-up and click OK.
- Click on the Search icon next to Data Model and select the data model edited in the first step.
4. In the Upload or Generate Layout section, click Upload. Enter the layout name, select the template file, Select Type “RTF Template”, Select Locale “English”. Click Upload.
5. Save the report.
6. Click View Report to review if the layout is correct.
7. Make a note of the report path, as that needs to be configured as part of the document type configuration.
Step 4: Report Security
After the report is configured, click on More > Permissions. Add or modify the required access so make sure that end users can access the report.
B. Document Type Configuration
Step 1: Create Document type and Descriptive Flex Field
Please refer to the below blog URL to create DOR
Step 2: Attach Report Path Document type
- In the Setup and Maintenance work area, go to the Document Types task.
- On the Document Types page, click search, click on Document Type Name.
- In the Report Path, specify the Custom report path.
4. Click Submit.
C. End User Interface
Login as a worker who needs to request a letter to apply for a visa for business travel. Navigate to Me > Document Records > Add. Select the Salary Certificate document type.
- The worker enters the document record details and clicks View Document. Doing so will get the associated BIP template, merge the data entered by the worker and display the draft letter.
3. After the worker reviews the draft letter, they submit the document record for approval.4. When the document record is approved, the final letter is generated. This final version in PDF format is stored in the worker's document records for this document type. Author: Ahmad Wahban, Oracle senior HR consultant [post_title] => Oracle ERP Cloud: Generating Letters from the Documents of Record (DOR) [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => oracle-erp-cloud-generating-letters-from-the-documents-of-record-dor [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-10-13 18:17:58 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-10-13 14:17:58 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5283 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5282 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-07-05 17:06:48 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-07-05 13:06:48 [post_content] =>
Revenue contingencies are terms and conditions in a sales contract or order that prevent revenue from being immediately recognized, based on strict revenue recognition requirements mandated by International Accounting Standards. Typical contingencies that can delay revenue recognition are fiscal funding clauses (for government contracts), cancellation clauses, customer acceptance clauses, customer creditworthiness, nonstandard payment terms, and nonstandard refund policies.
Using event-based revenue management, Receivables can automatically evaluate your invoices to determine whether to immediately recognize revenue or temporarily defer revenue to an unearned revenue account. Revenue is subsequently recognized depending on certain events, such as customer acceptance or receipt of payment.This topic will talk about recognizing revenue based on the receipt of payment.
1. Define the Transaction Type (will use it as a condition in contingency assignment)
- Navigate to the Manage Transaction Type >> Press on Add (+) to create a new transaction type.
- Insert all mandatory information and insert the unearned revenue account combination.
- Save and close.
- Navigate to the Manage Auto Accounting >> Select Business unit >> Press on Add (+) to create an accounting rule for Unearned Revenue.
3. Define a Revenue contingency:
- Navigate to the Revenue Contingencies page >> Press on Add (+) to create a new contingency.
- Enter the basic details about the contingency in the General Information region, such as Name, Effective dates, and Description.
- In the Contingency Removal Event region, select the event that will remove the contingency from the invoice which is payment in our case.
- Save and close.
You can define defaulting rules for automatic contingency assignments.
Search for task ‘Manage Revenue Contingency Assignment Rules’ Press on Add (+) to create an assignment
- In the General Information region, enter basic details about the assignment, such as name, and description.
- In the contingency, name select the contingency created in the previous step
- Press on Add parameter ‘in our case we add parameter = ‘Transaction Type’.
- Press on Submit.
1. Create AR Invoice
- Create a normal AR invoice and it must use the same transaction type which was used in the revenue contingency step.
- Insert header and line information and press the save button.
- Press the Complete Button.
The system will automatically hit the unearned revenue instead of revenue (Check Account class).
3. Create a receipt and apply it to the invoice4. Check the Invoice distribution after the receipt application
The system will automatically close the unearned revenue and open the revenue (Check the Account Class).Author: Mina Adel, Senior Oracle Financial Consultant [post_title] => Oracle ERP Cloud: Defining Revenue Contingencies [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => oracle-erp-cloud-defining-revenue-contingencies [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-10-13 18:18:26 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-10-13 14:18:26 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5282 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5278 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-07-05 17:05:34 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-07-05 13:05:34 [post_content] =>
As machine learning engineers and researchers, the most important thing we care about while developing any application or product is the data. Data is the heart and soul of any machine learning application. With the abundance of big data nowadays, a lot of machine learning applications are now possible. Basically, machine learning models are built and taught using data. Teaching a machine learning model a certain task can be done using one or more of the three main types - Supervised Learning, Unsupervised Learning, and Reinforcement Learning.
Supervised learning is all about having an amount of labelled data as inputs and expected outputs corresponding to these inputs. The goal is to build a model that learns the mapping between the inputs to the outputs, from which it should be able to learn the underlying relations in the data, and then be able to predict the outputs of unlabelled data. This kind of learning is very reliable for industrial usages, but its drawback is the need for labelled data, which might not be available in all applications, and manually labelling dozens of examples might be costly.
Unsupervised Learning:Unsupervised learning is used in case we have unlabelled data. The algorithms based on unsupervised data aim to find the underlying relations and patterns among the unlabelled data, these relations can be then used to cluster or classify the unlabelled data.
Reinforcement Learning:Simply put, reinforcement learning is used in case we neither have input data nor output data. A model is built to learn a specific task by trial and error from dozens of iterations in an environment relevant to the environment it will be deployed at.
In most industries, we often tend to use Supervised Learning. However, the main challenge is that in some specific applications, data can be scarce. Whenever we encounter this challenge, we used to head to one of two approaches - Data Augmentation to mess up and alter the data in order to increase its amount or to label more data. But in some applications, these two approaches still might not help us.
Imagine a task where we need to build a classification with only one or two samples per class, and each sample is super difficult to find. For example, classifying or detecting ancient Egyptian characters, or a very rare disease from an X-ray or a CT scan. This would call for innovative approaches such as Few-Shot Learning (FSL) which is driven perfectly by some main factors such as the scarcity of data, reducing data collection and computational costs, and rare-case learnings.
Few-Shot Learning:Few-shot learning (FSL) is a sub-area of machine learning, where the N in “N-Shot Learning” equals a few numbers of examples, usually less than five, which all cover new data that we only have a minimal number of labelled samples. FSL is still a new area in research, but today it is usable in some computer vision tasks.FSL is used in applications where data isn’t available enough, or annotating new data will be very costly, for example;
- Computer Vision
- Character Recognition
- Image Classification
- Object Recognition
- Object Tracking
- Motion Prediction
- Action Localization
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Translation
- Sentence Completion
- User Intent Classification
- Sentiment Analysis
- Multi-label Text Classification
- Drug Discovery
- X-Ray Diagnosis, and Classification
- Few-Shot Learning (FSL)
- One-Shot Learning (OSL)
- Zero-Shot Learning (ZSL)
This is the most interesting type of FSL, where the model covers totally unseen classes without any labelled training examples. It seems somehow fictional, but it is real. Imagine that you have a model that is capable of describing the input precisely, its appearance, properties, functionality, and more, then it won’t be a problem distinguishing different inputs. This area is actually now functional and it has applications that it is used in, for example, face recognition, where a model is capable of describing faces precisely, then it can be used to recognize dozens of humans that it has never seen before
One-Shot Learning and Few-Shot Learning:
Similarly, OSL is where you only have one labelled example, and FSL is where you have about two to five training examples.
The N-way-K-Shot-classification problem, where our data consists of training examples, and query examples.
Training Examples (Support Set), consists of N class labels, and K labelled images for each class, where K is usually less than 10. So, we have only N * K labelled samples.
Query Examples are the examples that we want to classify among the N classes.There are two main approaches used when solving FSL problems;
- Data-level Approach (DLA)
- Parameter-level Approach (PLA)
This approach is simple and straightforward. It is used when we don’t have enough data to build a model and avoid over and underfitting. Many FSL problems are solved by adding more information from a large base dataset. The main feature in the base-dataset is that it doesn’t include the classes we have in the support set for the few-shot task. For example, if we’re trying to classify a certain type of dog, the base-dataset can have images of many other dogs. Also, more data can be generated either by data augmentation or generative adversarial networks (GANs).
From the parameter-level aspect, the model is pretty prone to overfitting since we’re dealing with high-dimensional spaces with a limited number of training data. Usually, this can be solved by regularization and suitable loss functions.
Moreover, the model performance can be enhanced by directing it to the extensive parameter space. We train our model to find the best route in the parameter space to give optimal results, which is called Meta-Learning.
Meta-Learning:In Meta-Learning, we have a set of tasks we want to learn, called Training Tasks. The experience learned from the training tasks will be further used to solve the problem of the few-shot learning task. The training tasks are learned from the base dataset. The meta-training processes consist of a number of finite episodes, each episode we choose N classes and K support-set images per class from the base-dataset, as well as Q query images from the query set of the base-dataset. This way, we build a task similar to our few-shot learning task. The parameters of the model are trained to maximize the accuracy of the Q images from the query set. While the meta-testing process is measuring the accuracy of the model on our test few-shot learning task
The Meta-Learning technique is basically learning a distance function among the data rather than learning the mapping of the data itself. For example; modern face recognition algorithms are mostly based on metric learning, as the models learn to maximize the distance functions between faces in different types of spaces.
This approach is based on building two models, a meta-learner and a base-learner. The meta-learning learns across episodes, while the base-learner is initialized and trained each episode by the meta-learner.
The technique is simply applying the following sequence; choose a meta-learner model, start an episode, initialize the base-learner model, train the base-learner using the support-set, the algorithm used to train the base-learner is defined by the meta-learner, the base-learner predicts the query set, meta-learner parameters are trained on the loss resulting from the classification error, and so on based on the choice of the meta-learner.
Now, Few-shot learning-enabled AI is feasible in some applications that seemed impossible a couple of years ago. Presently we can build models capable of recognizing hundreds of millions of people, using 1 image per person, classifying vehicles’ make and model just after their release using minimal data, and updating our models online with any new classes. It is also now possible to diagnose, classify, and detect rare anomalies in medical imagery which helped improved healthcare worldwide. In a nutshell, Few-shot learning is a crucial step in building systems that are as skillful as our human minds are by using minimal observations to learn new tasks.Author: Mohamed Tareq Dawoud, Computer Vision Engineer [post_title] => Data Scarcity in Artificial Intelligence and How to Mitigate Them [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => data-scarcity-in-artificial-intelligence-and-how-to-mitigate-them [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-08-30 16:17:40 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-08-30 12:17:40 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5278 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5275 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-06-09 20:49:46 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-06-09 16:49:46 [post_content] =>
How to setup Document of Record (DOR) for Salary Certificates
The following case shows how to use the Document of Record (DOR) functionality on Oracle ERP Cloud by implementing the salary certificate request which is usually requested manually from the HR department. Applying the standard Document of Record functionally will reduce the manual work and expedite the process.
The following information represents the HR requirements to issue a salary certificate:To implement the above requirement, we need to follow the following:
1. Create Document Category
- Document categories (for example, absence) provide a way to group these documents into meaningful categories at a higher level. Document subcategories (for example, general or medical) provide further grouping of documents. Use the DOCUMENT_CATEGORY lookup type to define new document categories and subcategories. Define document categories as values for the DOCUMENT_CATEGORY lookup type and document subcategories as extended lookup values for the selected category.
- To create a category search for the task, Manage Common Lookups and then search for the lookup type DOCUMENT_CATEGORY. Under section DOCUMENT_CATEGORY: Lookup Codes you will see several categories delivered by oracle. You can make use of them or create your own category. For our business requirement, we will create a new category called Reimbursement. For the same click on the + (new) icon and enter details as follows.
- Once you entered all these details, click the Save and Close button.
2. Create Document Subcategories
- Now as per the requirements, we will create two subcategories. To create subcategories, search for the task Manage Extended Lookup Codes. You will be on the Extended Lookup Codes On this screen search for entry Document Category under section Lookup Types. Now scroll below and under the section Document Category: Manage Extended Lookup Codes click on + Add icon, to create subcategories.
- Now add all your subcategories one by one and click on save.
- Once you enter all these details, click Save.
3. Create Document Types
- To create Document Types, search for the task Document Types. In the Search Results section, click on the + Create button and enter the details for each section as given below.
- Name: Salary Certificate
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Category: Certificate
- Subcategory: Salary Certificate
- Status: Active
- Minimum Attachments: 1 employee has to attach at least one document, but we will keep it 0 no documents required
- Approval Required: Yes
- Allow Multiple Occurrences: Yes. This allows the employee to submit multiple requests.
- Publish Required: No. If you require any document to be available only between selected time, choose Yes. But since we want workers to submit reimburse anytime it is set to No.
- Enable Document Delivery Preference: No
- Restrict Create: No
- Restrict Update: Yes, we do need the employee to update the approved request so select Yes.
- Restrict Delete: Yes, we do need the employee to update the approved request so select Yes.
- Now add all your subcategories one by one (Salary Certificate) and click on save.
- After you enter all the details, click on the Submit You will receive a confirmation message. Click on the OK button and you will be taken back to the Documents Type page. Once you save the record, you will not be able to change the attributes highlighted in red.
- You can create another document. You do not need to enter all the details from scratch. You have the option to copy/duplicate existing documents. Let’s see how it works.
- When you are on the Documents Type page, search for the document we just created -Salary Certificate Letter.
- You will see the document in the search result section. While that document name is selected, click on the Duplicate button. This will take you to Create Document Type page. On this screen, you can update/change the details as per the requirement.
- For another certificate, if required etc. salary transfer certificate, every detail would be the same expecting the following attributes, so change these values and save the record.
- Type: Certificate
- Subcategory: Create a new one called (Salary Transfer Certificate)
4. Create Contexts Sensitive SegmentsGeneral Information
As per the requirement, we also need to create the following context-sensitive fields for the Salary Certificate letter request.To get it done, search for the task Document Records Descriptive Flexfields and open it. You will be on Document Records Descriptive Flexfields page. On this screen, click on the Edit button.
On this screen, click the Manage Contexts button which takes you to the Manage Contexts page. On this screen click on the + Create button under the Search Results section, this will take you to Create Context. Your screen will look like this.
How to get the context code for Document of Record?
Now to have our segments populated based on the document type we select; we need to know the Context Code of our document type. There are two ways to get the Context Code.
Get context code from the back end
The context code of a document type is stored in the table HR_DOCUMENT_TYPES_B So you can run the query below to get the context code of any document type.
from hr_document_types_border by creation_date desc Context codes are in uppercase and prefixed with the country code. If you see the extract above, our context codes for, (Salary certificate) are listed below.How these codes are generated is explained in the second method.
Now we have got the context code, let’s enter the details as follows:
- Display Name: GLB_SALARY_CERTIFICATE
- Context Code: GLB_SALARY_CERTIFICATE
- API Name: Accept Default
- Enabled: Yes
5. How employees can use Document of RecordTo check the DOR that we created,
- Navigate to Me » Personal Information » Document Record
- You will be taken to the Document Records page. Click on the + Add button to add a document.
- Then search for the document name (Salary Certificate)
- After you select the Salary Certificate request, the document will open like the below screen and will automatically select the Context Value that we have created and you will see the segment.
- Based on the input, it will go for approval, if you keep the DOR without approval it will reflect on the employee DOR profile directly.
Is it the end of CNNs? What is Multi-Layer Perceptron?
For many years, Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) have been the cornerstone of any computer vision architecture. Image Analysis requires feature extraction and the key component that is responsible for that task is CNN. For example, given an image, the convolution layer detects features such as two eyes, long ears, four legs, a short tail, and so on. The CNN is responsible for numerous applications in computer vision such as Face Recognition - knowing the identity of the person in the image, Object Detection - determining the location of an object, and Video Analysis- classifying the behavior of an individual.
Despite the importance of CNN and its applications, the rise of Multi-layer Perceptron (MLP-Mixer) has opened the door to new architectures that show competitive performance without the need for CNN layers which makes us wonder about the future of CNNs in deep learning and computer vision applications.
In this article, we will give a quick brief about the newly released MLP-mix architecture and try to figure out if it threatens the position of CNNs in the field of computer vision. Especially when we know that the new proposed “MLP-Mixer” achieves very close results to the SOTA models trained on tons of data with almost 3x the speed without using any convolutions or any self-attention layers.
MLP for Computer Vision Applications
Last month, the Google AI team published a paper entitled "MLP-Mixer: An all-MLP Architecture for Vision" (code is available on GitHub) where they proposed a new computer vision architecture that depends only on multi-layer perceptrons. According to the team, "In this paper, we show that while convolutions and attention are both sufficient for good performance, neither of them are necessary. We present MLP-Mixer, an architecture based exclusively on multi-layer perceptrons (MLPs)"
Moreover, and interestingly, the new model achieves similar results compared to the state-of-the-art models trained on large datasets with almost 3x speed. “When trained on large datasets, MLP-Mixer attains competitive scores on image classification benchmarks, with pre-training and inference cost comparable to state-of-the-art models,” claimed Google AI.
The following table shows the inference throughput of the MLP-mixer compared to SOTA models. The MLP-mixer clearly outperformed many models achieving 105 images/sec/core, while a model such as vision transformer is at 32 images/sec/core only.The interesting thing is that MLP is the basic unit of deep neural network which makes the architecture of the MLP-mixer model really simple.
How does MLP-mixer work?
While in CNNs, the image is passed to the network and the processing is performed on the pixels of the images, the MLP-mixer follows the patches approach. The image is divided into patches and then passed as an input to the network. The mixer of the model contains two types of layers. The first one mixes the channels of the image, while the other one performs a mix between patches to ensure communication between spatial features of the image.
Figure 1- Source: MLP-Mixer on arxiv
What makes MLP-mixer attract the attention
The previous image illustrates the architecture of the mixer layers. It contains two fully connected layers, GELU nonlinearity, skip-connections, layer norm, and linear classifier. That shows the simplicity of the model which depends essentially on matrix multiplication, while Convolution is more complex than the plain matrix multiplication in MLPs as it requires an additional cost reduction to matrix multiplication or specialized implementation. Furthermore, the MLP-mixer takes the same size of the input at each layer which eliminates the need of scaling down the image such as in CNN.
It is just the beginning and as the Google AI team says, "…we hope that our results spark further research, beyond the realms of established models based on convolutions and self-attention". So, we expect to see more research focused on this point resulting in more improved and advanced architectures to solve computer vision problems such as image classification and object detection which may create a new stream that pulls the trigger on CNNs.Author: Moaaz Abdelrahman ElMarakby, Computer Vision Engineer [post_title] => Multi-layer perceptron is all you need … Is it the end of CNNs? [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => multi-layer-perceptron-is-all-you-need-is-it-the-end-of-cnns [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-08-30 17:00:04 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-08-30 13:00:04 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5259 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5093 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-05-06 15:11:28 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-05-06 11:11:28 [post_content] =>
Waterfall + Agile: WaterfallgileHave you heard about this management approach? Have you ever considered this approach to run and manage your daily work? There is no such thing as "The Best" or the "Most Comprehensive" approach to follow, but all project management approaches are fine to implement as long as it serves the project desires and success.Dealing with day-to-day activities as a business analyst or project manager needs a well-designed project management approach. And as we know, most methods that are used nowadays and have the appropriate maturity is the Waterfall management approach or the Agile method.
Waterfall VS AgileIt's all about how to manage the client's expectations and how to achieve the project's desires, so in any project, the success points or milestones need to be identified from the very beginning.The Agile approach is adopted to identify the project milestones, implemented through something called sprint planning. This way, it will give the client and the project controller the ability to predict. So maybe at this point, we could use a "milestone" word to refer to sprint, but in most cases, the sprint plan won't be able to achieve something tangible, or in another term, something the client sees.
"The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them — preferably in unexpected and helpful ways"So again, it's all about client expectations and how to achieve the set milestones.The Waterfall management approach also cares about the client's expectations and could be more useful to fulfill the project's desires, and also could be a good approach to enhance the project's profitability by identifying full package milestones including specific deliverables on a specific date. In this case, both parties won't need to revisit the plan and keep going forward to finish the full project release.Maybe implementing the Waterfall method will give the stakeholders what they need from the beginning (project kick-off), to achieve the full delivery with full covered desires, so in this case, the project plan will be built on predefined milestones along with a specific full delivery date. But there are a lot of assumptions that need to be considered if we're willing to follow this approach, such as the full requirements of a predefined project which would impact the cost if major changes happened during the development. And the most important thing is how to achieve full delivery without client involvement, and also how to run the project with full requirements from the beginning?The Waterfall approach is like a domino effect. It needs one event to knock on, affecting the whole project, but it needs more if obstacles start appearing. Agile is a process by which a team can manage a project by breaking it up into several stages and involving constant collaboration with stakeholders and continuous improvement and iteration at every stage.The methodology begins with clients describing how the end product will be used and what problem it will solve. The client in this approach needs to be well-educated and know about the most efficient way to get the final results.Eventually, as I said earlier, it's all about the client's expectation and the project profitability that allows us to decide which approach will get the most benefit.There are a lot of aspects that need to be considered to know which approach to follow as shown in the table below:Considering all the mentioned aspects, it still depends on what I need to accomplish and what the client needs to see. Say I have a demanding client that needs to be highly engaged, it's better to implement the Agile method. But what if the client demands exceed my expectations? Do I need to implement a requirement document and get it signed-off to minimize the changes requests? Or maybe implement a high-level project charter?Now, is there a way that you can use these two development methodologies to work on a single project? Is there anything called Waterfallgile? Do we use it unawarely? Could it be considered as a hyper management approach? Waterfallgile is an approach that could be the best of both methods. The reason the two methodologies can work harmoniously is that Agile is more of a mindset and approach than a methodology, so it’s possible to use the Agile philosophy with the more rigid Waterfall methodology. Author: Saif Al Najjar, Business Analyst Team Lead [post_title] => Waterfallgile [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => waterfallgile [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-08-30 16:20:47 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-08-30 12:20:47 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5093 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5085 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-04-22 11:02:40 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-04-22 07:02:40 [post_content] =>
Introduction:Lies spread faster than truth, fake news and misleading headlines can fool millions of watchers and readers, and the ability to alter reality has taken a leap forward with the prevalence of “deepfake” technology.Deepfake technology doesn’t only have the ability to produce fake news but it is also used in financial fraud, hoaxes, and pornography.
What is a Deepfake?The term Deepfake melds two words: deep and fake. It combines the concept of deep learning which is a subfield of artificial intelligence with creating content that isn’t real.Deepfakes are generated images, videos, and sounds created by Deep learning algorithms for real people doing things they never did or said and it’s hard to detect by the average user.It gained more attention after a lot of users used it for making pornography for celebrities and fake videos for politicians saying and doing things they never did or said which is a real threat.Below is a deepfake image of Jim Carrey instead of Jack Nicholson in the movie ‘The Shining’.
How does Deep Fake work?The technique first extracts information about the anonymous subject’s facial expressions by finding the positions of their eyes, ears, shoulders and nose.
- The Generator is like a money forger that wants to fool the police detective to successfully use his forged money.
- Simultaneously, the Discriminator is the police detective who wants to detect the forged money and allow people with real money to safely spend it without punishment.
- With time, both players get better and better in doing their job until the generator becomes smart enough to fool the discriminator in 50% of the cases which is the goal of GANs to establish equilibrium between the errors of the two networks so that the generator is capable of creating very realistic fake images.
How to detect the deep fakes?Poorly made deepfake videos and images may be easy to identify, but higher-quality deepfakes can be tough and difficult to detect.Below are some characteristics we can use to detect deepfakes:
- Unnatural body shape, hair, or skin color.
- A lack of blinking.
- Unnatural eye movement.
- Bad lip-syncing.
- A mismatch between the size of eyes and ears.
- Unnatural positioning between the head and body during the video.
Images of real human eyes
Images of Fake synthesized human eyes
Some precautions you can take against a DeepfakeOne of the precautions you can take is to limit your public presence on social media and apply more privacy restrictions to prevent scammers from stealing your images and voice.Applying more powerful verification procedures in your work and validating well the people you are talking to through digital communications.Don’t believe anything you see or hear for the first time on social media or even the news, always validate first.In the end, more education and awareness of the technology to the average users will help society more than anything else to face these new challenges – as detectors get better and smarter, so will the deepfake technology. Author: Mina Tharwat, Computer Vision Engineer [post_title] => AI: Detectors and Precautions against Deepfakes Attacks [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => ai-detectors-and-precautions-against-deepfakes-attacks [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-08-30 16:27:56 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-08-30 12:27:56 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.tahaluf.ae/?post_type=blog&p=5085 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => blog [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 5084 [post_author] => 6 [post_date] => 2021-04-22 11:00:48 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-04-22 07:00:48 [post_content] => Companies usually log expenses that need to be recognized on different periods, say for example an insurance policy that spans for a whole year.According to accounting principles, “Expense to be recognized as and when services are rendered”, which implies the following in our insurance example:
- The expense of insurance should not be recognized as a whole for the period the invoice is recorded.
- Insurance service is going to be recognized for the coming year.
- Expense recognition start date
- Expense recognition end date
- Accrual account (pre-paid expense account)
The supply chain is a global network used to deliver products and services from raw materials to end customers through an engineered flow of information, physical distribution, and cash “as per APICS/ASCM definition".
The Basic Supply chain has a minimum of three entities producer/service provider, supplier, and customer. Information between these three entities flows in both directions upstream and downstream. Most of the organizations that deal with suppliers that provide services use the concept of service procurement or complex purchase order to manage milestones, work confirmation, payment plan, recoupment, and retentions.
Retainage is a practice of withholding funds from payment until the contractor completes an agreed-upon portion of the work or fulfills contractual obligations. The practice of retentions has its origins in the British Railway Mania of the 1840s, Retentions are widely used in the British construction industry; featuring in the majority of all contracts awarded. It is a sum of money that is withheld as security against poor quality products (defects) or works left incomplete.
Most ERP consultants, Implementors, Presales and Sales who interacted with Oracle E-Business suite ERP then shifted to Oracle Cloud ERP noticed that there is no complex purchase order feature exist till update 20D, we also noticed that most of our customers who migrated or are planning to migrate from on-premise to oracle cloud ERP found this point an obstacle.
Therefore, some customers, especially those who use service procurement as a core in their business decided not to shift to Oracle Cloud until this feature existed or they decided to develop a full custom solution on PaaS to cover this part. Recently, Oracle released a new update 21A which has one of the complex work procurement features namely, the “Retainage”.
In the 21A update, the Complex Work Procurement solution is comprised of 3 features as below:
- Create Purchase Orders with Retainage Terms (Oracle Procurement Cloud)
- Negotiate Retainage for Services (Oracle Procurement Cloud)
- Creation and Management of Supplier Invoices with Retainage (Oracle Financials Cloud)
From a business point of view, the use of retentions is intended to encourage efficiency and productivity. The contractor has a financial incentive to achieve completion as early as possible (to release the first moiety payment) and to minimize defects in the works (to achieve the second payment).
From a system point of view, Complex Work Procurement is an end-to-end integrated solution across Oracle Procurement Cloud, Oracle Financials Cloud, and Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud applications. This solution is designed to model the procurement of complex contracts in industries such as construction, consulting, and professional services. Complex work contracts tend to have high dollar values and long lead times and are governed by complex payment terms.
You can use Complex Work Procurement to manage various aspects of the acquisition processes involved in procuring complex work.
How to Enable the Retainage
- Login to Oracle Cloud instance which has the update 21A.
- You need to have a role that contains the “Manage Purchasing Document Style “privilege such as the Procurement Application Administrator Role.
- From the Navigator choose “Setup and Maintenance”.
- Search for the “Manage Document Styles “task.
- Create a new document style or update an existing user-defined document style then save and close.
- Now you can navigate to the home page → Procurement → Purchase Orders → Tasks → Create Order.
- Choose the new purchase order style which has the retainage option enable and press create.
- Fill the purchase order header details then navigate to the line level and add new line → Fill Line details → then you have to show the retainage columns from the view section as below:
- Navigate to the right side till you find the Retainage Rate (%) and Maximum Retainage Amount, Fill in the required percentage and maximum amount.
- Submit the purchase order for approval, then after approval search for the purchase order and open the view lifecycle option as below:
- Now you can see the total retainage amount and the total retainage release on that purchase order.
- You can do the same but search by schedule level so you can see the retainage and retainage release per schedule as below:
- You can Enter the Maximum Retainage Amount and Retainage Rate on FBDI Purchase Order Import Template.
- You can Analyze retainage-enabled purchase orders using the OTBI Purchasing Real-time subject area.
Autonomous aerial vehicles (AAVs)
Five ways you can make money in the Metaverse - 2022-03-30 13:59:24 - publish
Digital transformation trends to keep an eye on this year - 2022-03-24 13:24:13 - publish
Digital transformation done right: Three remarkable case studies - 2022-03-03 12:53:12 - publish
What are the top high-paying certifications in 2022? - 2022-02-24 15:00:16 - publish
What do banks need to do to survive the digital disruption era? - 2022-02-15 16:15:57 - publish
Big Data - 2022-02-10 16:22:49 - publish
Do you want to optimize your business processes? Maestro is here to help - 2022-02-04 09:35:23 - publish
What’s the future of jobs amidst the Great Resignation - 2022-01-20 17:00:20 - publish
Not all hackers are bad. Who are the ethical hackers, and why are they in demand? - 2022-01-11 12:00:25 - publish
Our Technical Writing Approach: What Is It? - 2022-01-06 11:51:59 - publish
What does the future hold for smart cities? - 2021-12-27 19:53:28 - publish
Seoul to be the first city to enter the metaverse. Will other cities follow suit? - 2021-12-21 13:15:53 - publish
Should businesses pay attention to dAPPS? - 2021-12-13 19:46:23 - publish
What exactly is social engineering, and how do we protect ourselves? - 2021-12-06 09:19:14 - publish
Cybersecurity jobs are in high demand. Grab one while you can! - 2021-12-01 12:40:24 - publish
Everyone is talking about NFTs. What are they, and should we care? - 2021-11-23 17:59:57 - publish
What's the metaverse, and how do we prepare for its expansion? - 2021-11-17 18:17:22 - publish
Technical Writers: Who We Are? - 2021-11-07 15:52:08 - publish
What is Web 3.0, and how do businesses prepare for it? - 2021-11-07 11:06:10 - publish
It’s World Internet Day. Is your business ready to embrace the data-driven digital economy? - 2021-10-29 13:04:57 - publish
As the Internet of Things grows exponentially, is your business secure enough? - 2021-10-26 16:28:01 - publish
Don't lose the disinformation war: Protect your business from synthetic media - 2021-10-26 16:20:55 - publish
Oracle: Managing Accounting Automation - 2021-10-13 18:14:49 - publish
Oracle: How to configure remote working regulations using Oracle EBS Self Service HR - 2021-09-05 21:14:36 - publish
Oracle ERP Cloud: Generating Letters from the Documents of Record (DOR) - 2021-07-05 17:08:05 - publish
Oracle ERP Cloud: Defining Revenue Contingencies - 2021-07-05 17:06:48 - publish
Data Scarcity in Artificial Intelligence and How to Mitigate Them - 2021-07-05 17:05:34 - publish
Oracle: Document of Record (DOR) in Oracle ERP Cloud - 2021-06-09 20:49:46 - publish
Multi-layer perceptron is all you need … Is it the end of CNNs? - 2021-06-09 20:34:49 - publish
Waterfallgile - 2021-05-06 15:11:28 - publish
AI: Detectors and Precautions against Deepfakes Attacks - 2021-04-22 11:02:40 - publish
Oracle Cloud Application: How to amortize deferred expenses using Multi Period Accounting - 2021-04-22 11:00:48 - publish
Oracle: Complex Work Procurement now on cloud Application 21A (11.13.21.01.0) - 2021-04-22 10:58:42 - publish